1. To impart the basic understanding of the theory and applications of database management systems.
2. To give basic level understanding of internals of database systems.
3. To expose to some of the recent trends in databases.
Pre-requisite: CS205 Data structures
Students will be able to:
1. define, explain and illustrate the fundamental concepts of databases.
2. construct an Entity-Relationship (E-R) model from specifications and to perform the transformation of the conceptual model into corresponding logical data structures.
3. model and design a relational database following the design principles.
4. develop queries for relational database in the context of practical applications
5. define, explain and illustrate fundamental principles of data organization, query optimization and concurrent transaction processing.
6. appreciate the latest trends in databases.
- Teacher: Jilson Jose